A Look at Hiking Accessories for Women
Societal development and evolution can generally be said to be a positive thing for the human race. This is because, it has enabled humans to better understand their environment, and also facilitated innovations and have generally improved life.
However, one of the adverse effects of the societal and technological revolutions/innovations in the current civilization is the ever increasing reliance by humans on machines for their daily living. This occurs to the detriment of their physical fitness and general body stamina.
Thus, we have moved from where physical activity or labor was a necessity to where it now can be seen even as a kind of luxury. Therefore, outdoor activities are now celebrated and hiking is now a “thing”.
Why do People go Hiking?
The whole idea for this activity can simply be pegged down to the need for some outdoor and natural recreational activity, this concept is further explained here . Admittedly, there may be other activities that may spring from it, but they all basically just facilitate the whole experience and fun.
Though the reasons might vary from person to person, people generally go hiking for the following reasons
- 1Because it is Healthy: Research has shown that there are a vast range of benefits to this activity. The benefits include, helps to reduce chances of hypertensions, high blood pressure and other heart diseases while also boosting general body fitness and stamina.
- 2It is Easy to Do: This point is made in the light of the fact that there is no learning curve to it, it is a natural aspect of what a human does every day, just that it is a bit extended.
- 3It is Easy to Afford: this point is made in the light of the fact that it is generally budget friendly. You do not have to pay through the nose for it, as a matter of fact, it might sometimes not involve costs at all.
- 4It Helps You Keep in Touch with Nature: This is one principal benefit of hiking, the freedom to explore nature in all its beauty with its therapeutic benefits as explained in detail at https://americanhiking.org/blog/hiking-natures-therapy/ . And this is enjoyed without the daily hustle and bustle of the city life with its attendant stress.
- 5It is Not a Competitive Exercise: This is another advantage to it because, whilst some other outdoor sporting activities might be competitive, this is not. Therefore, you are free to move at your own pace, to indulge yourself and to control your own routine.
Hiking Preparations for Women
With the enthusiasm for outdoor life in general and hiking in particular growing every day and more people getting prepared for these activities, the need to also ensure that people are well informed on how to prepare adequately for such undertakings becomes more imperative.
Adequate preparations are important so as to ensure a hitch free adventure. Failure to be adequately prepared can turn an otherwise refreshing adventure and experience into a disappointment at best or a disaster at worst.
In this article, we will be focusing entirely on the accessories that women will need for such an activity as this.
Generally, the equipment needed for outdoor walking trips is primarily dependent on whether it is a day hike or multiple day hikes. This article explains in great detail the equipment that are generally necessary for any type of outdoor walking trip you may have in mind.
When it comes to women in particular, there are things to bear in mind, ranging from the basic gear to the particular equipment specific to you and for you. This also helps to boost your mental and physical readiness as it puts you in the right frame of mind.
Things You Need
First, getting the best gear should be of utmost priority to you. This should consider factors such as durability, suitability and of course cost. For the purpose of this article, we will break these important accessories into the following groups:
Your General Basic Clothing
This basically refers to the basic clothing required for your trip. These include your shirts, trousers or shorts and your underwear.
For your shirts, it is recommended that they just be a few, about three or four will do for a few days of hiking. These shirts should be lightweight and should not be made of cotton. You need a material that is breathable since you might have to wear each one for more than a day.
The same applies to the underwear you choose. They should be totally breathable and lightweight. Trousers are best for hiking and might be the safer option depending on where you are hiking.
Your Cold Weather Clothing
These are very necessary even if the journey is not being made in cold weather. It simply serves as a precautionary move in case there comes an unexpected change in the weather. These also include your base layer, your mid layer and your outer layer clothing.
Depending on the season or the venue for your trip, it may be important that you have one or more of these rain clothing e.g. your rain jacket, poncho or both
An important accessory to consider is your footwear. You must choose something that will aid you on your journey. This includes providing protection and comfort for your feet, without adding unnecessary extra weight. You should therefore check out some hiking boots for women to find one that is ideal for you. You should also check out trekking socks or thermal socks if you’re to hike in cold weather or high altitude. However, if it is a place like the monsoon or a place that get lots of rain then you should also get water proof socks.
A few other necessary accessories, depending on the unique peculiarities of the hike include, your gaiters for women, gloves, trekking poles, head wear, sunglasses and backpacks
Hiking still remains one of those activities that help us escape the constant hustle and bustle of our daily lives. Sojourners bask in the refreshing experience it offers them and sometimes, the much required solitude to reflect.
However, whatever that is worth doing is worth doing well. Thus, adequate preparations and planning should be made before such an adventure is embarked on.