Have you ever experienced a Minn Kota Ultrex foot pedal not working? What did you do with it? If you still can’t find the right way, this guide is for you!
We will discuss possible causes and solutions. You can also learn some tips to avoid issues that may occur to the pedal. Let’s read on to discover!
- Minn Kota Ultrex Foot Pedal Not Working
- How To Avoid Issues When Using An Ultrex Foot Pedal?
- How to Adjust The Foot Pedal Tension On A Minn Kota?
- Do Minn Kota Trolling Motors Have Interchangeable Foot Pedals?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Minn Kota Ultrex Foot Pedal Not Working
If the Minn Kota Ultrex foot pedal doesn’t work, you will need to check the sensor board and power connections first. You can find solutions after identifying the cause.
Problems with the pedal are relatively common if you’re using an old Minn Kota Ultrex engine. These problems occur because of the faulty sensor board.
To make your Minn Kota machine operational once again, you must address the board’s problem. Unfortunately, it’s hard to repair a sensor board. It may need a replacement in this case.
The sensor board is not expensive, so you won’t need to spend a lot of money to solve this issue. Get a reliable sensor board for the Minn Kota foot pedal from the local repair shop. You can also contact the company support team and ask them for help.
You can replace the sensor board yourself. However, this task is quite complicated. We recommend hiring a professional to install the new board, which will increase the repair cost.
You’re probably coping with bad power connections if the model you bought is recent and you’re certain that the sensors are working properly.
Power issues with the foot pedal might arise due to many things. Thus, be careful to check the entire system’s integrity before taking any diagnostic steps. Mostly, you’ll need to inspect the connection points for grime and debris.
You can use a digital multimeter to check the continuity between the unit’s multiple terminals. If you don’t have one, try to borrow from other anglers.
Make sure to connect the cable firmly to the foot pedal as well as the power connections. There is a high risk of the power wires being damaged if you use the device aggressively.
In this case, you will need to change the damaged wires. The replacement can recover the functionality of your Minn Kota Ultrex foot pedal.
How To Avoid Issues When Using An Ultrex Foot Pedal?
The best way to avoid issues from Minn Kota Ultrex foot pedals is to use them correctly. Here is what you need to do when changing the side using the pedal:
- Eject the pedal and tap on “toe down” to move to the right.
- Tap on “hill down” to move to the left.
- Conversely, you can apply the basic approach you know to go on a forwarding path. In such a scenario, nothing will change.
How to Adjust The Foot Pedal Tension On A Minn Kota?
You can adjust the tension on your Minn Kota foot pedal by turning the tension screw. The instructions are as follows:
- Start by clearing the pedal of dirt and filth. Rust and grime get into the cracks, interfering with the electronics’ functioning.
- Find the cable that attaches the engine to the foot pedal.
- Find the compression screw underneath the pedal by following the cable to it.
- The tension screw is close to where the wire enters. If you want to release the tension, turn that screw to the left. And if you want to increase it, turn the screw to the right.
- Perform one or two turns, then check before making any extra turns.
Do Minn Kota Trolling Motors Have Interchangeable Foot Pedals?
The short answer is no. Minn Kota offers pedals for specific products.
For example, a Terrova pedal goes with a Terrova model, and you can’t install an Ulterra pedal for the Terrova trolling motor.
On the other hand, you can typically replace the foot pedals in the same kind of trolling motor even when they have different model years.
For example, a foot pedal of a 2015 Ulterra can replace that of a 2021 Ulterra.
Make sure that multiple model years of the same product are genuinely compatible. Although they are the same type, some Minn Kotas have newly built foot pedals that are incompatible with previous trolling motors.
To find out if your pedal is interchangeable or not, you can try these tips:
- Contact the manufacturer and tell them the unit’s serial number.
- Ask a Minn Kota Service provider.
- Join a forum of Minn Kota customers or any huge groups and ask for advice
- Upload your situation on the social media
- Check the product reviews on Amazon.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Minn Kota make a wireless foot pedal?
Yes. However, only equipped trolling motors with the Minn Kota CoPilot technology can use the wireless pedal instead of the corded one.
This feature is available in some models, such as PowerDrive V2 and Riptide SP.
2. How can I adjust a Minn Kota foot pedal?
You can adjust the pedal by turning the tension screw on the Minn Kota. Then, turn leftward to release and right to increase the tension.
3. How can I tighten the Ultrex foot pedal?
If you want to tighten the pedal, find the tension screw and turn it rightward.
The Minn Kota Ultrex foot pedal is not working because of the defective sensor board or improper connections. Check these parts and determine the right solution for each.
It would be best to learn how to use the device correctly. Then, you can avoid mishaps while working on it on the water.
If you have any problem following our instructions, please get in touch with us. We will be glad to help. Thank you for reading!